My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Not again...

It’s a sleepy eyed, rusty chain, stuck brake kind of a Monday. Slow going this morning and I struggled with my neglected bike which seemed to want to stay in the garage today…as did its owner. This really seemed to be a continuation of my struggles from Sunday. Yesterday, in true absentminded style I forgot my shoes for the big 2010 season kick off ride with the team. That's why I prefer rides to start where I don't have to drive to them...I'm bad in the morning on little sleep and one cup of coffee.  Fortunately Kate met me downtown and I was able to catch the group after about an hour of hammering it. I put in much more of an effort than I really was planning, but had a good time once I caught on to the pack. The slightly sore legs today only added insult to injury, as I kneeled in the 20 degree garage trying to force some life into my commuter’s drive train. It feels like I’m starting the week a bit behind in the count (to switch sports metaphors.) Oh well, I suppose I’ll just stand in and swing away. At least for the ride home this afternoon it should be near 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment