My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What I did today

Today I left home at 8:00am for my ride up to Fort Collins. I met my friend Aaron at Indiana and 64th about 8 miles into my ride. We went up Indiana and then took McCaslin Rd into Louisville. From there the route varied from what I initially set out to do. Aaron's from that area so he took me on some roads which proved more bike-friendly and scenic. I felt great despite the 80+lbs of bike and gear I was pushing around. My pace up the initial tough climbing was pretty slow but once I got onto the flats (with small rollers) I was comfortable cruising around 15-20mph. With my route deviation I found myself close to Carter Lake, so I through the plan aside and took the road as it came, working my way northward to Fort Collins. It proved pretty fortunate as I ended up on a road with a wide shoulder and bike lane all the way from Loveland to Fort Collins. It also happened to be the road I wanted to head north towards Poudre Canyon. Happy twist of fate. Tomorrow I'm going to go try and work my way up the canyon to get some pics of Kate in the midst of her suffering.  Why anyone would want to run 26 miles is beyond me.
Sprint PictureMail
Off of McCaslin Road in Louisville. This was supposed to be a great shot of my "high water" mark for the day's climbing...with Longs Peak in the background all dressed in snowy whiteness. Instead its really just a bike and a pole.
Fort Collins Trip
Mile 60, heading into Fort Collins.
Poudre Canyon Trip
Poudre Canyon Trip
The Surly at rest, Poudre Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment