My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Monday, September 6, 2010

GUNNISON

So I'm at The Bean in Gunnison downing a turkey sandwich on some really tasty whole grain bread. I survived the climb over Monarch. It wasn't pretty but I did it. I withstood 3 hours of 8mph fighting against the high plains wind. It wasn't pretty but I did it. And now I'm glad to be here in Gunnison, off my bike and fed (at least temporarily). I'll write more about my reflections on the day's events, as well as post some pictures in another post. I got the post up from yesterday's travails so that will have to suffice for now. In the meantime I will say this about Gunnison. Its a small place but per capita, or per road mile, it must have more bike lanes than Portland. I can get behind that. Secondly, many places in Gunnison are closed on Monday. I don't know if I can get behind that exactly.

Tomorrow its on to Crested Butte.

5 comments:

  1. You know Monday is Labor day don't you. Most places everywhere are closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Matt said that so you could be grumpy at him. Thanks Matt. Get some rest and good food tonight for tomorrow is another day of what else... wind. Yeah for you. I'm settling down with a beer tonight. I hope you can too. Love Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so when an establishment says: Tuesday-Friday 9-5, Sat and Sun 10-4...I'd guess that means closed on Monday, even Labor Day. So smarties what do you have to say about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiss my ass. That's my response to most things. Bryce thinks he's going with you next time you ride across Colorado, so get ready for a partner. Or he might choose to go see aunt Cake and go to the train museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He "might choose" that's hardly a choice at all. Suffering with his crackpot uncle or Cake and Trains. I'd pick trains at this point too.

    ReplyDelete