My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Universe Knows

After the ride in this morning I am fully convinced that the universe knows what kind of week this one has been. After the early week commuting on black ice and snow, cold mornings (it was technically still kind of cold this morning), atypically draining days at the office, long cold rides home in the dark, fighting with html etc…karma, or something, kicked in and doled out a really nice ride in to work today. Aptly timed for the inaugural post to the Spoked in the Eye blog, I hit most of my lights, had blue sky and sun over head—no black ice underfoot, traffic was light and despite it being like 29 degrees it just felt warmer. I managed to leave the house late, dilly-dally stopping to take pictures in the park off 14th and still managed to get to work on time. This ride came like a sorely needed shot in the arm to ward off the work-week flu. The only other bike rider I saw this morning seemed to be having a similarly good start to his day. Despite being fully wrapped up in his coat and hood, a clearly discernable smile shown through the opening. Yes, its good to be out on a bike today. And with that I can look at 8 more hours here at work where I have no tedious meetings. Tomorrow there’s a team ride at 8:30 and the morning promises to be similar to today. And I’m finally getting this blog concept out into the world. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment