My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Morning from a Grump

As I puttered around the house this morning I exhibited a less than enthusiastic mood about the prospects of going to work. My wife labeled it grumpiness, and indicated that both I and the dog were apparently grumpy: she lives in a house of grumpusses. You are welcome to feel sorry for her at any point. In any case, I got on my bike for the ride to work and after a mile or so felt much better, then I realized my riding was taking me to work and I promptly resumed my grumpiness.

On an unrelated note, I once read in some magazine or blog that when biking you should keep your knees covered if the temperature is less than 50. That person was all too correct in his or her observation. This morning it was 43 and while I felt very fashionable in my shorts, the ligaments and tendons around my left knee are fomenting rebellion. So on this glorious Monday, keep those head’s down, noses to the grindstone and knees covered. Its just better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment