My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lookout Day 10: A tale of 2 Lookouts

I think my looking out has finally started to catch up with me. Sunday I rode up Lookout (surprise) and continued on past the normal stopping point, looping up around Boettcher Mansion park and out to US 40. From there I elected to take the screaming descent down into Morrison and cruise down through Red Rocks to Bear Creek. It didn’t snow…not once….or rain for that matter so I’ll go ahead and call it a great day for a ride even though it was a bit windy, cloudy and cool. I felt great the entire time out and came home pumped.
Yesterday I wanted to push myself a bit, one last time, and so I made a quick pace out to Golden and after spinning the first mile or so of Lookout set about ramping it up. I didn’t go to any extremes, but I felt good, comfortable and my heart rate was in a great place for the entire ride. I was amped up the ride home and ate tasty chicken and salad for dinner: excellent. Today my plan was to head out to Lookout and meet one of the guys from the team to ride and talk a little strategy. I was a bit late getting out of work and that didn’t help my cause. I pushed it on the stupid Surly to get home, change and get on the road out to Golden. I felt sluggish on 32nd making my way out to Golden; probably poor nutrition, or over training, or being a dumbass or all three. My teammate never showed, so after waiting a bit I took off up the hill. I felt like crap.  At more than one point I thought about just turning around and going home.

With Thursday being my 12th day of this nonsense I intend to cruise until that point. Its not a proper workout and recovery regimen but I think it will do. I’ve pushed myself with my Looking Out and now I’m at the point where I’ve done what I can do. I need to chill out, spin and wait to get killed on Saturday.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment