My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Monday, December 21, 2009

It’s a Christmas Miracle!

Santa got my letter and delivered my wish: no cars on the roads! It was like that movie the Happening where all the people start killing themselves and there’s no one around…but perhaps without all of the death and creepiness. In truth, if you have to work during the holidays then you should at least ride a bike to work (supposing you can of course.) The empty roads make the riding quite relaxing and enjoyable. Everyone must be on vacation or out of school or just sleeping in, which is completely fine with me because as much as I appreciate their vehicular presence on my ride I much prefer it without them. I had to hit the cross walk button at 3 lights today due to the sheer absence of cars setting off the lights. It was awesome. Tomorrow with the threat of snow there might be even less people on the road. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment